Wherein we learn a lot we don't understand
Some massive catching up. Some nights I did a better job of
tracking quotes than others, clearly.
2003/03/27 (June 19, 1940)
Breakfast with Liz & Pyotr at Pisces; Zenas gets all Indiana Jones
with the Wizard Thieves; Kaufman decodes Theosophical Society book.
Second half of session eaten by retcon.
- "It is not the Americans' problem. It is not happening in their basement." -- Klaus
- "You witness the rhetorical equivalent of a slap fight." -- Jon
- "Nazi secrets? No thanks, I want PIE!" -- Pete
2003/04/10 (June 19-20, 1940)
Kaufman wires Freedman, then decodes more shit; Norton talks trash to
paparazzi; Zenas discovers link between Order of Golden Dawn,
Whitehead Institute, and Wizard Thieves. Klaus gets stood up at
LeFrouFrou's, cleans out Marcus' closet. Kaufman reads Theosophical
society spell; much drinking and arson follows. Zenas goes home
with hooker, discovers Reverb.
- "Trust me -- the horribly counterproductive act I'm about to do is really character-driven." -- Brad, as Norton
- "I sneak up on one of the parked cars."
"Is that hard to do?"
"It is if you're trying to look really cool."
"That's fair." -- Jascha & Brad
- "Yes, if I may say, there was a problem typing up my passport.
It seems to have the wrong country, and the name is wrong, too." -- Klaus
- "How sturdy is the door? Oh, they're English doors -- they must
be weak." -- Klaus
- "Go in his closet and throw them out the window!"
"All of them?" -- Pete & Jon
- "Apparently, Klaus gets really gay when he's drunk." -- Pete
- "Yah, yah, we all say it. We burn the curtains. How many
Reichmarks to replace your crappy English curtains?" -- Klaus
- "We're like a rock band!"
"RRAAAAUGH! S - P - Y - Z !" -- Pete & Brad
2003/04/24 (June 20, 1940)
Zenas' trip goes horribly wrong; wakes up with dead woman; arrested
as Soho vampire. Norton dreams of Ancient Egypt. Klaus has anonymous
sex with some English fairy, then beats him up.
2003/05/01 (more June 20, 1940)
Charlie interviewed by Father O'Malley at Pisces. Zenas interviewed
by cop in prison. Franklin has tea with Margaret Alice Murray. Zenas
makes deal with supernatural power.
2003/05/03 (June 21, 1940)
Meet White Fedora Man at reverb restaurant; fight in speeding car.
Crash, broken ribs. Zenas buys a gun. Priest and little girl show up;
little girl beats up Kaufman; cop
kills White Fedora Man; Klaus runs away. Marcus ransom message; Klaus
kidnapped too. Supernatural fight; Marcus dies; Klaus runs away again.
- "I'd hit the priest with the little girl." -- Klaus
- "Hey! Help. Help? There's more killing . . . in the . . . bed.
Help?" -- Kaufman
- "You know how many goons I have had to deal with today in
your England? In Germany, it is better organized -- we have a goon
union, the Nazi Party." -- Klaus
- "Define 'positive'! I got flung high speed into a truck!"
"Yes, but actively." Brad & David, jealous
- "It's okay -- I have a macro. 'Hastur - Hastur - Hastur -
Hastur - Hastur - '" -- David, as Stephen Hawking
2003/05/08 (June 22, 1940)
Zenas & Kaufman check out White Fedora Man's addresses -- drug
houses. Zenas spies on Warehouse of the Snake People. Klaus steals
morphine for Kaufman. Klaus and Kaufman walk into trap at Pisces.
- "It's too bad this time there's no one for Klaus to leave behind
to die -- um, except me. I must get out of here!" -- Charlie
2003/05/22 (June 22-23, 1940)
Norton & Zenas go back to the Warehouse of the Snake People;
listen to strategy session. Klaus, Zenas, and Norton have dreams about
the Yellow Sign. Klaus cools heels in Pisces' basement.
2003/05/27 (June 23, 1940)
Ineffectual planning session; keystone kops write a warning letter;
squabble over paying the helpful cabbie. Jacobs & Charlie
interrogate Klaus. Zenas raids Warehouse of Snake People, steals books.
Massive gun battle at hospital. Klaus delivers semi-demon baby.
Charlie gets shot; sees evil priest turn to lizard-man form.
- "I couldn't take the tommy-gun, dude! I just ducked and rolled!
. . . with my gin." -- Jascha
Posted by colin at 03:12 PM
| Comments (0)
Wherein we are hopelessly outclassed by the competition
Those who wussed out on last night might read the last half dozen of this
batch, and realize what an odd evening they missed.
- "Do not keep your dice in the bag of devouring." -- David
- "One Track Mind! . . . No, not what you're thinking." -- Brad
- "I'm a paying friend of Charlie's."
"Do take Reichmarks? You don't take that yet? You will soon!"
-- Jascha & Brad
- "The next morning bangs around your skull like a frying pan
wielded by an angry dwarf." -- Jon
- "I came over for your English humour."
"Ve haff to import it into Germany, und now zee embargo ees
getting so bad." -- Pete & Brad
- "As it turns out, there are lots of ways to be sure." -- Colin
- "It seems to me Franklin just got jealous of my competition for
Worst Spy Ever, and decided to establish it once and for all."
- "I think it was a perfectly reasonable reaction to the
somewhat-evil waiting room of the snake people." -- Jascha
- "Norton couldn't possibly have psychic abilities. How
could he be such a doofus if he has psychic abilities?"
- "I roll to disbelieve that he's human. They're wily, these snake
people." -- Jascha
- "You spent eleven gift points trying to get away from and kill
"Well, yeah, dude."
"The last three were trying to punch out the guy who was trying
to explain everything to us!" -- Pete & Jascha
Posted by colin at 10:43 PM
| Comments (0)
Wherein we arrive in London, and begin drinking heavily
From game on 5 March, 2003:
Jascha dances the spy dance
"Are you carousing?"
"No, I'm just drunk." - Jon, Jascha
"Hey, I broke my arm!"
"Yes, yes, you were very brave." -Brad, David
"Is anyone actually doing anything this afternoon?"
"Hey, I'm learning about clothing from a gay Swiss banker." -Jon, Jascha
"Make an 'I suck' roll - I succeed! I made a critical success at sucking!" - Brad
"That was the most fun I've had since weasel-legging." - Jon
Posted by jascha at 01:50 PM
| Comments (0)